Wednesday 2 November 2011

Moodle LMS - Experience

EDTECH 522 - Reflection

The topic I did for my lesson was Poll Everywhere. I found the interface of Moodle to be very intuitive and interactive.
The experience I gained by completing my first lesson in Moodle was very rewarding. By watching a few tutorials and interacting with the Moodle interface, I was able to figure out the areas where all information are being located within a short time period. At the same, when I was designing the lesson, I figured out where I should place all the necessary information such as forums, assignments, ect.
The area where I found to very interesting is the choosing of an activity or resource to add to the interface. The area where I encounter difficulties is to embed a video into the interface.
The exposure to Moodle from the instructor’s side was very fascinating and I think I will select Moolde LMS as my first choice for future online course delivery.
The first hand experience I obtained when I planned and executed the lesson in Moodle established the platform on which I can develop future lessons, because I am now familiar with the interface. I am competent in areas such as; the uploading files and other resources, the opening discussion forums, and the linking of assignment pages to the interface.
Teaching online is fun, although it comes with a lot of work and the instructor has to dedicate a great deal of time to develop and implement a course.
Here is the Course link.

No comments:

Post a Comment